Remember a few months ago when I posted some pictures of random pieces of cut up fabric on our living room floor? Remember when I told you I hadn’t sewn anything except for a baby bib? Remember how J and I had to google search every word in the pattern directions because we didn’t know what anything meant? Remember how ridiculous it sounded (and overzealous) that J and I were going to try to make a diaper bag?
After the fabric gathered dust for a couple of months and showed up on my “to-do” list repeatedly, I pulled out the pieces to make my bag on Monday (with utter fear and trepidation). Not a lot changed from my first encounter with the fabric (except J backed out from helping,…can I blame him though?!). The first night, I google searched practically every word in the directions. I’m not kidding,…I had to look up the word “baste” and I’m not talking about the cooking form.
After taking a couple hundred deep breaths, walking around the house in circles, getting overwhelmed and hot and sweaty,… I decided I had nothing to lose, so I just took it one step at a time (many times, not knowing if any of it would even work)
But surprisingly,… it’s working. I’m not joking. I don’t know how I did it. The diaper bag actually looks like a real diaper bag. I’m in utter shock. I’ve just completed the outer shell and now am working on the inner lining. I’m a bit scared, since I’m so close to finishing and so happy with the results. I just hope it works out to completion without any major mishaps.
Keep your fingers crossed for me! I’m in the final stretch. And, i’ll most definitely make sure I post pictures of the completed project!!